A Snippet & Ink Christmas, #4


There is so much to do around the holidays (like finishing up my grad school applications, for one thing)! Some of the things on this list are San Francisco specific, but there are giant Christmas trees and Nutcracker performances in most places, and what better location for a cookie exchange than your own house!

{click image to enlarge}
A Snippet & Ink Christmas, #4
1. You could buy one of those chocolate advent calendars at the drug store, or you could make your own. Directions for this one at Paper Bella Studio's blog, or check out Martha B's post about advent calendars over at Nibs.
2. If you are in the Bay Area, you have to take a trip up to 21st St, between Church and Sanchez. Tom Taylor and Jerry Goldstein (Tom and Jerry!) put together one of my favorite Christmas displays ever. That's a real tree in their yard! (sorry for the crummy photo)
3. I love having an afternoon tea. This year, my mom, younger sister and I are going to have the Christmas tea at the Palace Hotel's Garden Court. $40 for adults, $32 for children.
4. I have a memory of going to a holiday sing-along at Davies Symphony Hall. Any of their Christmas performances would be worth going to. Also, lots of cities have sing-along Messiah, performances, so you can test your vocal abilities with the Hallelujah chorus.
5. Go see the big tree downtown! Any downtown!
6. I never get sick of The Nutcracker. Even if you're not a fan of ballet (what?!), I say the music alone is worth it.
7. Host a cookie exchange! What better way to get ready for your New Year's resolution than a cookie smorgasbord? Here are a few recipes to try (they're new to me, except for the chocolate malt sandwich cookies, which I can tell you are worth the effort):
World Peace Cookies
Chocolate Malt Sandwich Cookies
Chocolate-Coconut Bars
Pine Nut Drop Cookies
Linzer Cookies

Martha Stewart is featuring a new cookie everyday during the holidays, so that would be a good place to look for recipes, too.

For even more ideas, take a look at Jordan's list over at Oh Happy Day.

Update!
A Snippet & Ink Christmas, #4
How could I have left making a gingerbread house out of the list of Christmas things to do?! Don't worry - this modern take on the classic, via LotusHaus, reminded me.

...coming up on Monday, a list of great gifts under $50.


Related Site

-Becoming a Wedding Planner

-Cheap Wedding Favors




Documento sin título




Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: schiller | atemlos | snippet-trailer

snippet-trailer for schillers 2010-album 'atemlos' | http://www.schillermusik.de

Title: Lupe Fiasco - Go To Sleep (Preview) + Lyrics

SNEAK PEAK to "Go To Sleep" by Lupe Fiasco, Potentially a song off Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album

:upe Fiasco Go To Sleep

lupe fiasco go to sleep


Lupe Fiasco


**LYRICS**

(yawn) Thank you, feels good wakin up... lay back... (???)
I wipe the cold from my eye
Stationed in Antartica,coldest ni99a alive
Flow is Armeggedon much like Cruise from the Sky
Before you drive you have to wipe locusts off your rides
But i'm warming up, oceans is on the rise
I be Ocean with 11 associates on my side
Colder than Chris Martin guitarin'- would look at all tthese spies?
But they can't see me, I took out their eyes
Replace with some me's, so all they see is he's
But I will never run, not even if they cry
See I can never fall, not even down their cheek
But I will always ball (bawl),let's see who the first to blink
And I dont need no passwords cause I dont need to cheat
But you can say your last words
and you can rest in peace
I'm the hook after your last verse I'm also like the beat
But I will turn it down so you can go to sleep
You can go to sleep
Said you can go to sleep
Now you can go to sleep
Said you can go to sleep
Good night, good night
Good night, good night
Real ni99as up again
Yes, you can go to sleep
Said you can go to sleep
Now you can go to sleep
Said you can go to sleep
Good night, good night
Good night, good night
Official ni99as at they job and
doin (???)
Ni99as poppin off, phony ni99as noddin off







0 comments:

Post a Comment